Denon AVR-4810: the ultimate home cinema receiver?
by Dean Evans at Thursday 17th September, 2009 at 3:37 pm [2 comments]
Denon is claiming that its brand new AVR-4810 is its “ultimate home cinema receiver”. But what does that actually mean? More importantly, what’s in it for you?
For starters, the AVR-4810 eclipses the performance of current 5.1 and 7.1 systems with support for 11.3 channel Audyssey DSX.
Audyssey DSX extends 5.1- and 7.1-channel sound sources to a wider and higher dimension via a pair of wide speakers (placed wider than the usual front speakers), and by adding two height speakers above the front.
The AVR-4810 also packs Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio under its brushed metal hood, as well as Dolby Pro Logic IIz.
And in addition to its six v1.3a Deep Colour HDMI inputs, the AVR-4810 boasts built-in Wi-Fi networking for Internet radio or audio and photo streaming, plus front and back USB ports and Multi-Room support.
Denon tells us that the AVR-4810 will be available in October at a suggested retail price of £2,799.99.
Denon AVR-4810 home cinema receiver news release
September 2009 – Denon, one of the world’s premier manufacturers of high-quality home entertainment components, has announced its ultimate home cinema receiver, the AVR-4810. With nine on-board amplifier channels, each rated at a robust 180 watts, the AVR-4810 is equipped with the latest high resolution audio decoders including Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio, and also features Dolby Pro Logic IIz and Audyssey DSX, delivering additional front height and/or front wide channels.
Most remarkably, it is the first Denon to support the full Audyssey DSX setup through its 11.3 channel outputs. To deliver the most detailed High Definition video, any signal, analogue or digital, can be upscaled to 1080p HDMI output via the built-in Anchor Bay advanced VRS processor.
The AVR-4810 will be available in October at a suggested retail price of £2,799.99. Colour variations include premium silver and black to perfectly match the latest Denon Blu-ray line-up.
The multi-mono block amp construction ensures top audio fidelity, and the Free Assign amp configuration function allows maximum system configuration flexibility. Delivering the most detailed High Definition sound possible from a Blu-ray Disc, the new AVR-4810 supports the outstanding fourth generation Denon Link technology for a jitter-free audio transmission via HDMI. The additional Clock Jitter Reducer further looks after the best audio quality for all other digital sources without Denon Link 4th capability to maximize the listening experience expected from a Denon heavyweight. The highly acclaimed D.D.S.C.-HD circuit now features three 32-bit floating point high precision DSP processors and Denon’s Advanced AL24 Processing Multi Channel to provide more spatial sound and dynamic range. Denon’s new AVR-4810 further accommodates the flagship Audyssey package including MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ.
Besides six HDMI inputs (one at the front) and two simultaneously running HDMI outputs, the video section offers Denon’s High Picture Quality Circuitry and Digital Noise Reduction for maximum home entertainment quality. The HDMI 1.3a ports support Deep Color, x.v.Color and Auto LipSync. A high resolution 12bit/10bit scaler from Anchor Bay Technologies face-lifts even bad standard definition sources to a high quality 1080p image. The AVR-4810 furthermore supports vertical stretch to display movie content in original CinemaScope aspect ratio (anamorphic lens provided).
The world’s first appearance of Audyssey DSX caused quite a stir. It extends 5.1- and 7.1-channel sound sources to a wider and higher dimension considering the human perception that is usually focussed on the front. A more spacious sound is achieved through a pair of wide speakers placed wider than the usual front speakers, and a greater sense of height in sound is achieved by adding two height speakers above the front. The Denon AVR-4810 is the first to support a full DSX setup by delivering 11 channels to power a 7.1 system plus two height and two front wide speakers (additional 2ch amplifier provided). A whole new listening experience for home theatre enthusiasts.
The AVR-4810 features network connectivity including Wi-Fi for Internet radio or audio and photo streaming, front and back USB ports with iPod/iPhone Digital Direct (digital audio transfer) as well as Multi-Room support. Everything can easily be handled by the newly developed advanced graphical user interface (GUI). Just like the smaller brother, AVR-4310, the new AVR-4810 comes with full support for Napster music services (subscription required). If further offers Denon’s new Party Mode function to have your favourite network music played simultaneously on each compatible device in your house. To make sure that people can enjoy the newest Denon technology for years to come, the unique and well-established feature- upgrade function via Internet will also be included.
Additional iPod dock
For users who want to upgrade their existing home entertainment system with iPod and network features, Denon also offers two new iPod dock models. The ASD-51N and ASD-51W add exciting new features to the users’ own solutions including stereo components, AV Receivers or mini systems. Both models, ASD-51N via LAN, ASD-51W via WLAN or LAN, are allowing the user to stream audio files, pictures, Internet radio stations and more through the connected device. They also feature the new Party Mode system for use with other compatible Denon devices.
- Multi-mono block amp construction
- Minimum Signal Path for clear audio and video signal
- Direct Mechanical Ground Construction, for thorough vibration resistance
- Digital / analogue separate windings
- Stable power supply for high-quality sound and picture playback
- HDMI one cable connection (Analogue video to HDMI up conversion) to a TV set
- Six x HDMI inputs (including one on the front panel)
- High bit i/p converter and scaler up to 1080p
- Multi cadence detection for SD and HD video signal
- Digital noise reduction and enhancer
- Denon’s high picture quality circuitry, to enhance enjoyment of existing DVDs
- Analogue to HDMI up-conversion, I/P converter and scaler on HDMI to HDMI
- Video digital noise reduction, to optimise effects for both SD and HD content
- Vertical stretch (supporting the CinemaScope aspect ratio)
- Identical quality and power for all 9 channels:
- 180W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7&% THD)
- 140W (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20kHz, 0.05% THD)
- HDMI clock control via DENON LINK 4th
- Clock jitter reducer available for all digital inputs
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoder
- Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit, D.D.S.C.-HD
- Audyssey DSX processing
- Dolby Pro Logic IIz processing
- Compressed Audio Restorer to enhance digital music files
- USB digital direct connection for iPod
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g compatible)
- Internet Radio and network audio/photo streaming from PC/MAC, server
- Napster online support (Napster Germany and Napster UK)
- Party Mode
- Web control
- Firmware updates and upgrades via Internet
- HDMI CEC
No related posts.